20 October, 2007

Word Jumbling with The German

My German suitemate from college, Christian Vlach, is visiting Cassarole and I right now. Like any good Euro Christian speaks quite a few languages, while Cass and I hack away with adding Spanish. Over breakfast we were discussing how the definition and use of a word in Spanish varies by country. Christian then told us this gem, "I started learning the Queen's English in 5th Grade. My first week at Point Loma I leaned over and asked the girl next to me if she had 'a rubber I could borrow.' She looked at me with her mouth wide open and a red face. It took me a while to figure out why she didn't answer me."

We're in Delaware for 'cross racing this weekend. I brought #1 and Christian along, so I have doubled the size of and added some Euro flare to my cheering section... hopefully I've increased my luck as well.

1 comment:

k2 said...

how many 3rds is that now?! that's awesome but you can get Johnson and Powers... come on ;)

did my first CX race ever yesterday and got 4th, heck i thought i'd be lapped...