29 August, 2007

One for all you Nazbos

While updating Cassarole's facebook account I found Nazarene Nooz, which pokes some fun at all you Nazbos. Here are a couple of posts.

#1:

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (NN) -- The Board of General Superintendents made a bold missional statement on the opening day of the M7 Missions Conference by partaking in the world famous chicken wings and other attractions at a local Hooters restaurant.



Nina Gunter, the only female on the Board of General Superintendents was overheard in an unusual public dissent about the work of the BGS. "I voted for eating at Denny's, but I was outvoted 5-1. They told me this place was like Rainforest Cafe and that 'Hooters' was a tribute to owls and winged wildlife. That's the last time I listen to Jim Diehl."

All was not wasted however, as several of the buxom waitresses expressed sincere interest in missionary positions.

General Superintendent Paul Cunningham defended the choice of Hooters as a venue for breaking bread. "Just because these girls look like they have loose morals doesn't mean anything. If I had a nickel for every young lady who paid her way through Midamerica Nazarene College as a cocktail waitress or a Hooters girl, I could get another jumbo plate of extra spicy chicken wings. I consider it an honor that so many Nazarene girls have the goods to work in a place like this."

The Board of General Superintendents concurred with Dr. Cunningham on a vote of 5-1.

#2 - Maybe only funny to me since, a) I attended an Assembly of God Church & b) my mom was a music pastor.

Heterosexual Worship Pastor seeking ministry opportunity
(Nazarene Nooz periodically has to put gas in the Nazarene Nooz Van, so we solicit the occasional bit of shameless self-promotion.)Anointed Worship Pastor, Louie Gossett

Hi, I'm Louie Gossett and I love to praise Jesus. I have been a Nazarene all my life, but I attended an Assembly of God church when I was in high school so I could get some credibility in Holy Spirit driven worship. God works in mysterious ways, and my calling to ministry has more twists than a dyslexic sidewinder. Click Here to read more


No comments: