08 August, 2007

Party Time

To celebrate the 6th anniversary of our first date I bought Cass a...well I should bak up and explain our first date. I received some SF Giants tickets for my birthday one year and took Cass along because everyone else in my little black book bailed out on me, seriously. On the way to the game we started talking and the conversation went like this:

Cass: I love the Giants.
Chris: Really?!? Cool. Who's your favorite player?
Cass: Mark McGuire
Chris: Uh, he plays for Oakland.
Cass: Yeah, the Oakland Giants!
Chris: Oh silly me I thought the Giants' orange SF logo stood for San Francisco, I should have known that it was for Oakland (This was said with heavy sarcasm, which she didn't catch. She still thinks the Giants are in Oakland and Mark McGuire is still her favorite player on the team. Thankfully she can still save your life without sporting knowledge).

Fast forward four years. On our first shopping trip in the Haven, and as a married couple, I tried to convince Cass that we needed one of those collapsible shopping carts so we didn't have to make multiple trips to and from the car unloading groceries. At $25 I figured it was quite the bargain, #1 who is a credit unioner's daughter, thought otherwise. And so it has gone on for the two years we have resided here; me complaining EVERY single time I have to carry stupid grocery bag in and Cass saying that we didn't need to spend the $$... that is until today!

Check it out:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe, that is true love...