17 August, 2007

Chicago

Crit Nats Sunday in Downer's Grove. This will be my first time racing for a USPRO national champ jersey. Our sprinters are coming into form, so hopefully I'll be able to help them win the stars and stripes.
The mayor of New Haven held a joint press conference with the police chief yesterday. Apparently crime is on the rise in Ghetto Haven, shocking, can the crime be any worse?!? As a concerned citizen of this fine city this press conference was of interest to me. So, how are they going to combat crime: More cops, stiffer penalties, or less arrests? Just like a multiple choice test, if you don't know the answer go with C. Yes folks they are going to prevent crime by arresting fewer people. A city in The South pioneered this idea and found that offenders who were not arrested were half as likely to commit another crime as those who had been arrested previously. This concept struck me as odd until I walked out my front door when I watched four kids steal a bike from a city bus' front rack. While observing this disturbing yet slightly humorous situation, the humor came from the bus driver who tried to run the thugs over as they went for the second bike, I
realized that I shouldn't call the cops because justice was taking place right in front of my eyes. By not arresting the thugs, as the had mayor explained earlier, they have now learned stealing is wrong and are 50% less likely to do it again. Genious. Anyone want to buy an ocean front condo in a safe town?


____________________________________________________________________________________
Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/webhosting

No comments: